Monday, June 15, 2009

Why Family Home Evening In 10 Minutes?

1. I'm busy.
2. That is my children's maximum attention span.
3. No one thinks about FHE until 6:00 on Monday night.

This blog is designed to help busy families hold simple but meaningful Family Home Evenings. Ideally, with no previous preparation other than providing a treat, you will be able to visit FHE IN 10 and hold Family Home Evening on the spur of the moment.

Most lessons will include five simple steps: two prayers, a song, a scripture and a brief thought or story to discuss. I've always felt that the church provides us everything we need to teach the gospel in our homes, so all the lesson materials will be from resources published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and whenever possible links will be provided to all resources on lds.org.

I haven't actually timed all of the lessons. Some may take 7 minutes and some may take 13, but "time only is measured unto men" (Alma 40:8) and regarless of how long the lessons take, having Family Home Evening will be a lot easier.

Family Home Evening is an inspired program. Without it, I'm not sure I'd find even 10 minutes each week to teach my children the gospel. If you enjoy FHE IN 10 or find it useful in your life, please share it with your friends and family, and if there are lesson topics you would like me to cover, please let me know.

No comments: